[Twisted-web] Don't use the context?

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Wed Oct 18 07:16:37 CDT 2006

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 06:45:46 +0200, Alessandro <aleuser at inwind.it> wrote:
>Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
>>>Allow me to question your answer with a question: How does one render
>>>a sequence without nevow:data directives?
>>>
>>><ul n:data="foo" n:render="sequence">
>>><li n:pattern="item">
>>><n:invisible n:data="name" n:render="string"/>
>>></li>
>>></ul>
>>Perhaps like this:
>>
>>    <n:invisible n:render="foo_sequence" />
>>
>>Combined with this:
>>
>>    def foo_sequence(self, req, tag):
>>        return Sequence(foo)
>>

>>Jean-Paul

>I didn't understand, and I can't find so much informations on internet: in
>the future the "n:data" will be not available?

This is not yet decided.

>This will be the only modification?

Likely there will be others :)

>And the python rendering functions will be always
>"render_func(self, ctx, data) ?

New render functions will probably take a request object and a tag object.

All of these API changes will be introduced gradually and with either a
backwards compatibility API or a long period of deprecation warnings for
the old API before the old API stops working.

Jean-Paul