[Twisted-web] Question about url rewriting

Gordon Scott gscott2112 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 14:25:53 CDT 2006

Hi I'm looking into using twisted and possibly twisted web in a small
project I'm doing.

I've been fumbling through the documentation trying to figure out how url
rewriting works, or a way to short circuit request processing.

Bascially I want to serve dynamic images but the clients are all expecting
pretty urls that end in the correct file extension.

An example might be

http://someserver.com/images/600x800/watermark/file_a.png

where 600x800 and watermark are file parameters

since obviously I won't have '600x800', 'watermark', and 'file_a.png' as
resources I either need to stop processing with the 'image' resource,  or

rewrite the request as  /image/getImage.rpy?size=600x800&wm=watermark

But I can't seem to find an example of terminating a request early or how to
correctlly setup the a rewrite object.

If anyone knows of where to go look at examples of such usage that would be
great.