[Twisted-web] Re: fragments with child lookup

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Thu Oct 12 16:18:25 CDT 2006

[warning: *more* unabashed fanboyism follows]

L. Daniel Burr wrote:
> Caching is a great
> thing, but it shouldn't be used as a means of making inefficient
> architectures tolerably performant.  It should be used to make an
> efficient architecture more scalable.  In other words, it should
> be a vitamin supplement, not a pain-reliever.

Wow. Write more docs, man. ;-)

> Read the WSGI archives from the beginning.

You mean the Web-SIG mailing list, or elsewhere?

> You'll see the debate about
> async apps, and you'll see why they decided that WSGI doesn't really
> address asynchronous servers.  Trust me, the reasons are there, and
> they are laid out in excellent detail by Phillip J. Eby.
>
> Also, when I say "great for people who like threads", I am being mean.
> I think people who like threads are hopelessly misguided,

...but we will save them poor souls! ;-)

--
Nicola Larosa - http://www.tekNico.net/

One more poor soul lost to PHP is one too many...
 -- Todd O'Bryan, May 2006