[Twisted-web] Twisted to proxy php out to apache?

Wed May 24 14:16:58 CDT 2006

David Reid wrote:

>Remi C Cool wrote:
>

>>Hello fellow twisters,
>>

>Hello again.

Thanks again for your time.

>>I know about the reverseproxy stuff .. but if I understand that
>>correctly, it's about passing requests to twisted from apache or other
>>server. I would like it to be the other way round .. twisted passes
>>requests for PHP to apache, receives the processed content and passes
>>that back to the client. (if that method doesn't have any significant
>>drawbacks)
>>

>class ReverseProxyResource(resource.Resource):
>    """Resource that renders the results gotten from another server
>
>    Put this resource in the tree to cause everything below it to be relayed
>    to a different server.
>    """
>
>I'm sorry, you don't understand it correctly.  mod_proxy which passes
>requests from apache to another server such as twisted is a reverse
>proxy, ReverseProxyResource is an implementation of a reverse proxy for
>twisted so that it can forward requests to another server.  It takes a
>host, a port, and a path and it proxies all requests for that resource
>to the server specified by the host, port, and path.
>
>for example, ReverseProxyResource('google.com', 80, '/') will forward
>requests to http://google.com:80/.

Ok, I'm with you with that (I need to read more carefully) ... but what
I would like to do, is pass all requests for files ending with .php (and
maybe .js and .ccs) to be forwarded to another server. Forwarding
everything would make the transition from php to nevow a tad more
difficult.  Would this 'selective' proxying be possible?