[Twisted-web] Trac via twisted.web2.wsgi

Ed Suominen general at eepatents.com
Thu Mar 16 04:23:50 CST 2006

I've implemented a twisted.web2 resource for accessing Trac via WSGI.
You can see both a working example and the code at

http://foss.eepatents.com/DynamicSite/browser/branches/kiss-web2/dynamicsite/external.py

There's a StanResource class there that I'm using and think is kind of
cool, too.

I use the following python code to provide my root resource for the
foss.eepatents.com site. (A copy is at http://deadbeefbabe.org/paste/34
in case the email version is too mangled to be useful.) Obviously,
you'll want to personalize it for your own use and not call the home
page "Ed Suominen's Free & Open Source Software Projects."

This will all be part of an upcoming release of DynamicSite, a flexible,
reasonably user-friendly vhost implementation of twisted.web2. Hopefully
I will remain inspired to package it all up now that I've scratched my
particular itch. Since I believe in generous usage of docstrings (hint,
hint to the Twisted devs), the code in the kiss-web2 branch should be
fairly easy to use even in its current raw form.

Those interested in what can be (over)done with Nevow, dynamic image
generation, intelligent caching, etc. might want to browse through the
current revision (SVN:47) of trunk before I replace it with the "keep it
simple stupid" twisted.web2 branch.

Best regards,
Ed Suominen