[Twisted-web] Re: http.HTTPFactory(site) equivalent in web2.0.2?

Lenny G Arbage alengarbage at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 17:39:24 CDT 2006

> channel.HTTPFactory(server.Site(rootresource)) is
the
> proper way, and
> I've just verified that it works on web2 0.2 (it's
not
> 2.0.2.)  Without seeing the implementation of
> TopLevel I don't have a clue what the problem might
> be, except for some error on your part.

  It looks like it actually ended up being changes in
the format of request.files that tripped everything
up.  With your tip, I was able to get it working
again.

  I'm now running into file size limitations, however.
 It looks like when a file larger than about 10M is
uploaded via a post form, the transfer hangs.

  On the client side, roughly 560K is written before
the socket is blocked and the client can no longer
send.  On the server side, the post never gets into my
render() method.

  Files of size 9M and smaller work fine.

  While the big file client's write is blocked, other
clients can still access the server and upload [small]
files.

  I get the same behavior whether I use Firefox or
python's httplib as the client.

  This behavior isn't new in 0.2 -- I upgraded from
0.1 hoping it would be fixed.

  I'll see if I can't dig in and find where this is
happening, but if you have any pointers, fabulous.

Thanks,
Lenny