[Twisted-web] Copy livepage into div?

Thu Jun 22 08:43:28 CDT 2006

glyph at divmod.com wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:50:44 +0200, Remi Cool
> <mailinglists at smartology.nl> wrote:
>
>> BTW: if anyone knows a method to enable all privileges for remote XUL
>> (without bothering the user with dialogs asking for permission etc.) ...
>> please let me know :-D
>

> If this is an intranet application, you can hopefully get the sysadmin
> to install the appropriate signatures on everyone's firefox.
>
> Otherwise, I'd start auditing the XML parser and network stack in
> mozilla for buffer overflows :)

The client is based on xulrunner (gecko 1.8), not Firefox.

But I do think I have the solution for the livepage ...

I fetch the page from the server using an xmlhttpRequest and store the
result as a XML dom object. Then the javascripts from the head are
processed into the receiving chrome html page. I now need to copy the
body content ... but that should not be so hard. In theory, the livepage
should work. I hope :)