[Twisted-web] Guard and service

Tue Jun 6 09:26:57 CDT 2006

G'day,

I want to protect the root of my nevow Site with guard, but can't get it
to work.

My nevow Site is passed the service like in:

s = myService()
ms = service.MultiService()
internet.TCPServer(8000,
server.Site(resource.IResource(s))).setServiceParent(ms)

I used the nevow guarded example for the code and registered the
resource factory:

def createResource(service):
    realm = MyRealm()
    porta = portal.Portal(realm)

    myChecker = checkers.InMemoryUsernamePasswordDatabaseDontUse()
    myChecker.addUser("user","pass")
    myChecker.addUser("fred", "flint")
    porta.registerChecker(checkers.AllowAnonymousAccess(),
credentials.IAnonymous)
    porta.registerChecker(myChecker)
    res = guard.SessionWrapper(porta, mindFactory=Mind)
    res.service = service
    return res

Like so:

components.registerAdapter(createResource, ImyService, inevow.IResource)

When I browse to the root page (http://localhost:8000), FireFox gives me
an error:

> The page isn't redirecting properly
>
> Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for
> this address in a way that will never complete.
>
> *   This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to
> accept  cookies.

There are cookies, so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

How can I solve this problem?