[Twisted-web] documentation -- Techno Turkey's fifth adventure

lloyd at paisite.com lloyd at paisite.com
Sat Jul 29 10:44:10 CDT 2006

Hello,

On Fri, July 28, 2006 4:37 pm, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:

> You really want to be running a newer Twisted than 1.3.0.  There will
> be all sorts of compatibility problems between it, Zope Interface, and any
> reasonably recent version of Nevow.

And now my Turkey brain is running on empty. Help, help, help.

All I want to do is get my Twisted environment back up and running so I
can develop and test Turkey Adventures. But everything seems to be broken.

I'm running Debian Sarge. I use Apt-Get or, more usually, Synaptic, to
load applications. I've loaded the following packages:

Python2.3 version: 2.3.5-3sarge1
Python2.3-nevow version: 0.3.0-1
Python2.3-twisted version: 1.3.0-8
Python2.3-zopeinterface version: 3.0.1-1

The only upgrade packages I see when I search via Synaptic are:

Python2.4 version 2.4.1-2
Python2.4-zopeinterface version 3.0.1-1

There are no Python2.4 nevow or twisted upgrades.

When I go to the Twisted download page, all I see are tarballs.

So...

Do I need to go elsewhere to find upgrade files for Debian; e.g. deb
packages?

Or, do I need to use some other method such as tarballs to upgrade (if so,
I'll need a LOT of guidance to put everything in the right place and
properly configure it.)?

Or, am I missing something else entirely?

Once again I seem to bitten by the problem of doc writers assuming that
turkeys like me know more than we do.

Many thanks,

Lloyd