[Twisted-web] authentication on SSL

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone dialtone at divmod.com
Wed Jul 19 05:33:03 CDT 2006

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 07:51:25 -0200, Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:
>Hi.
>
>I would like to login users on a SSL protected page (using SSL only for
>login).
>
>Is this possible with guard?

Yes although it doesn't make too much sense. Which content is less important than the password that protects it?

>P.S.
>I have seen a new guard implementation on Valentino's dialbox.
>Is it mature?

Yes although it doesn't support cookieless mode and it can be still improved. It passes 66 of 78 tests of current guard.
However it is substantially easier to read and to use to implement persistent and distributed sessions (and the session.py 'example' included that exactly that).