[Twisted-web] documentation -- Techno Turkey's fifth adventure

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone dialtone at divmod.com
Mon Jul 17 12:48:33 CDT 2006

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 15:40:24 -0400 (EDT), lloyd at paisite.com wrote:
>I haven't had a chance yet to finish setting up my own Twisted development
>environment, so I haven't been able to test it. In preparing to set up my
>environment, however, I realized that there may be conventions in the
>community (directory layout and naming, for example) that would be very
>helpful for turkey's like me.

There is no such thing for directories AFAIK. It's usually left to the developer and I'd say the follow standard python code organization. The coding standard instead is the Twisted coding style.

http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/policy/coding-standard.html

>So I've left a hole in the Turkey script for a link to a page (yet to be
>written) that lay's out best practices for down-loading Twisted/Nevow and
>setting up a productive development environment. My thought was that we
>could put this page on the Turkey site, or elsewhere in the Twisted/Nevow
>docs, then I could simply link to it from whereever appropriate in Turkey
>scripts.

These are the same that you have for any other python project. An alternative for Nevow is using Combinator (explained in the Divmod Combinator page):
http://divmod.org/trac/wiki/DivmodCombinator
Another alternative for Nevow is using setuptools although I'm unsure how working it is. Yet another for both is using .pth

>Anybody around to help me write the page? Or, if such a page already
>exists, please point me to it.

I hope you like the links :)

>Best wishes,
>
>Lloyd
>
>PS: I've been reviewing current Twisted/Nevow documentation. Much much
>better than I remember from last year. Nevow tutorial is excellent.
>
>So here's... Techno Turkey

Cool :). Looks very good.