[Twisted-web] Re: Thoughts on documentation, wading into Twisted, Nevow, etc.

lloyd at paisite.com lloyd at paisite.com
Mon Jul 10 13:12:38 CDT 2006

Hi Daniel,

On Mon, July 10, 2006 11:49 am, L. Daniel Burr wrote:

> CRUD is just an acronym for Create, Read, Update, Delete, and so-called
> "CRUD apps" have become a popular litmus test for how handy/useful a
> web application framework is.  The typical CRUD application is used as an
> example of how to use a framework to talk to an RDBMS, render data as
> HTML, edit data, delete it, etc.  This sort of tutorial is popular
> because a large number of web applications boil down to providing a web UI
> for editing some data that lives in a database, hence my suggestion.

OK. Yeah, does sound valuable way-station in our journey. Where or how
would you see it fitting into, or modifying the road map that I posted
this morning?

>> Matt Goodall's Barebones Dynamic Web Server
>>

> The only thing I don't like about this example is that DynamicResource
> is returning an instance of itself for requests to childrend of itself.
>
> Granted, this is perfectly legitimate, but I think it introduces some
> potential confusion for a new reader.  I would suggest just creating a
> "ChildResource" (the nevow examples directory does this), and
> perhaps returning that instead, to make it more clear what is being done in
> getChild.

Can you post modified code and flesh out your critique? Might be good next
step, better preparing us for IResources.

What do you think, Valentino?

All the best,

Lloyd