[Twisted-web] Re: Good ROM tool ?

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Wed Jan 18 00:49:42 MST 2006

>>> To be honest I'd rather be plagued with termites rather than writing
>>> Cheetah templates. But this is just me.

>> No, me too.

Paul G:
> care to enlighten me, since i have not yet seen the pain? valentino,
> you're very welcome to chime in too. help me save me from myself ;)

Look at this:

Sure, Cheetah is cleaner than PSP, but it still mixes syntax elements with
text, and I really dislike it. If I want to generate any kind of text while
keeping Python syntax, I'll use Quixote's PTLs:

On the other hand, for XHTML templating, I prefer having hooks in
attributes, as Nevow and Zope's ZPT do:

Nicola Larosa - http://www.tekNico.net/

You asked about my "path to world domination". Well, I guess I want
the whole world to be like the Oberlin CS Lab was: a sharing community
where people assume that improving the system is within anyone's reach.
 -- Karl Fogel, November 2005