[Twisted-web] Re: [Nevow-commits] r3904 - server-side (fragment) nesting, and convenience descriptor generator

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Thu Jan 12 14:06:13 MST 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:12:10 +0100, Andrea Arcangeli <andrea at cpushare.com> wrote:
>Just a side note: I would have objection even if useful, I'd rather
>prefer the other package to be merged into a new directory of nevow
>repository if it's so small anyway. The stack should remain:
>
>	python -> twisted -> nevow -> whatever
>
>Not the other way around. This is about usability and avoiding
>unecessairly mess. The zope interfaces are already annoying enough ;).
>Some people thought they had to install zope to use twisted, really. The
>sooner that zopeintefaces thing gets merged into twisted the better
>(keeping it in sync wouldn't be such a nightmare as long as it remains
>in readonly mode inside twisted repository).

It's likely that Nevow will come to depend upon Epsilon at some point in the future: for example, code shared between Axiom and Nevow will not be scattered through the Divmod repository in multiple places.  However, if the depth of dependencies concern you, it would be useful if you could help by making some automated-dependency-resolving packages for twisted, epsilon, and nevow, such as debian packages (testing with ubuntu would surely be appreciated by a large community) and python eggs.

It doesn't really matter what the dependencies are as long as the user-experience of beginning to develop with Nevow is 'apt-get install nevow'.