[Twisted-web] But doesn't twcgi run cgi?

Mary Gardiner mary-twisted at puzzling.org
Mon Feb 20 16:53:35 MST 2006

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006, Jonathan Mark wrote:
> Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> > RPY? If you mean RPY as in the thing that ResourceScript handles,
> > that doesn't have anything at all to do with CGI...
>
> I am new, and do not question the correctness of this statement. I
> don't understand how it could be so, however. My working .rpy file
> says
>
> class RubyScript(twcgi.FilteredScript):
>
> (1) Is the name "twcgi" a misnomer?

No. A better phrasing might be rpys do not *have* to have anything to do
with CGIs. You can put any kind of Twisted Web resource in them, you
*happen* to have chosen to inherit from one that implements the CGI
behaviour so that you can use CGI scripts.

> (2) A second question. Is there some way to get my postings to this
> list to thread? Simply emailing to twisted-web at twistedmatrix.com would
> put each email as its own thread, it seems to me.

On most email clients, hit "Reply" when viewing the message you want to
thread under. The reply will be directed to
twisted-web at twistedmatrix.com via the Reply-To header that the mailing
list sets, but your new message will have the In-Reply-To header
required for correct threading. You can change the subject if you wish.
Some few mail clients (Outlook is the major offender) do not seem to do
this.

-Mary