[Twisted-web] Status of forms, potential debianization

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Sun Feb 19 15:46:24 MST 2006

Tommi Virtanen wrote:
> Hi. I'm starting to use forms for real, and anything I do in production
> needs a deb ;)

Weirdo ;-).

> Is forms stable (=unchanging) enough to give to the masses?

I don't expect its external API to change much but I wouldn't like to
call it stable yet either.

In particular, Forms needs to support custom templates and I really
haven't given that problem enough thought to know if it will break anything.

It's probably stable enough, I guess. Nothing much has changed on the
outside for some time now.

> I'm a bit worried that some may complain that forms (well,
> pythonX.Y-forms) is a bit too generic as a name, but we'll see..

Yeah, I regret not thinking of a better name now. Now would be a good
time to rename it, if it really needs to change.

- Matt