[Twisted-web] Method Not Allowed error when calling .rpy file

Jonathan Mark jonathansamuel at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 23:14:06 MST 2006

myFirst.rpy is:

from twisted.web.resource import Resource
class MyResource(Resource):
    isLeaf = True
    allowedMethods = ('GET',)
    def render_GET(self, request):
        return "<html>Hello, world!</html>"
resource = MyResource()

I ran mktap web --path ~/twistedScripts --port 9000 as
root in the /home/admin/TwistedScripts directory. I
then placed myFirst.rpy in the /root/twistedScripts

For some reason I get the following error, which you
can see yourself at

"Method Not Allowed
Your browser approached me (at /myFirst.rpy) with the
method "GET". I only allow the method GET here."

A search of the web indicates that adding
allowedMethods = ('GET',) was supposed to fix this
problem, only it doesn't.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jonathan Mark

Do You Yahoo!?