[Twisted-web] twistd syslog import error

Todd Thomas caliban19 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 17:49:45 MST 2006

On 2/8/06, Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 16:37:21 -0200, Gustavo Rahal <gustavo at grahal.net>
> wrote:
> >Hi All
> >

> >twistd -y app.py
> >
> >Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\twisted\scripts\twistd.py", line
> 6, in
> >?
> >     from twisted.python import log, syslog
> >   File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\twisted\python\syslog.py", line 5,
> in
> >?
> >     syslog = __import__('syslog')
> >ImportError: No module named syslog
> >
> >The module is there!
>
> You're using twisted/scripts/twistd.py somehow, which doesn't work on
> Windows.  You want to be using bin/twistd.  The Win32 installer should have
> added a "Twisted Command Shell" or something similar to your start
> menu.  Try running that, and running twistd inside it.
>
> twisted/python/syslog.py exists, certainly, but it is trying to import
> syslog from the standard library, which is not available on Win32.
>
> Jean-Paul

In the python24 directory under windows, there is a twistd.bat in the
scripts directory. It works fine in windows, I haven't had any problems with
it. To get it to work from windows command line, just add
C:\Python24\scripts\ to your path under environment. From looking at
shortcut for twisted command prompt, looks like all it does is add that
directory to your path temporarily.