[Twisted-web] Web2 Script.py seems to be broken

Todd Thomas caliban19 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 02:09:08 MST 2006

On 2/7/06, James Y Knight <foom at fuhm.net> wrote:

> Indeed it is broken; in SVN twisted.web2.script currently starts with
> the line:
>
> raise ImportError("FIXME: this file probably doesn't work.")
>
> I think that fixes the particular problem you're seeing. ;)
>
> There's no reason it should be hard to support .rpy files in web2,
> but nobody has done anything about it. Part of the reason being that
> RPYs have somewhat fallen out of favor and are generally discouraged.
> However, I do see that they're sometimes useful as a solution sort of
> in between CGI and internal code, so I wouldn't mind seeing support
> return. It's not on my list of things I want to do soon, though.
>
> James

I find them extemely handy personally, how else are you going add resources
without resorting to restarting the server? But I guess depends on what you
are using them for. I tend to use twisted more for testing and
experimenting, simpler than installing apache. Unfortunately twisted-web
doesnt have a wsgi implementation, I have been messing around with django a
bit trying to see how modular the code is.