[Twisted-web] [Nevow] template performance

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Fri Dec 15 10:31:55 CST 2006

L. Daniel Burr ha scritto:
> [...]
>
> Yes, I understand that too.  I will point out that I have *never* used
> a data directive in any of my applications.  I'm not sure why you feel
> that you need them.

Because I want to write XHTML code as much as possible.
This is possible with Djando and it is "fast", why it should not be
possible with Nevow?

> The fact that they are going away at some point is
> a very good thing, in my opinion.

If data directive are going away and I will no more be able to write:

       <caption>RandomTable</caption>
       <thead>
           <th n:pattern="item" n:render="string" />
       </thead>
       <tbody n:render="sequence" n:data="table">
       </tbody>

I will migrate to twisted web2 + django template, where I can write:

       <caption>RandomTable</caption>
       <thead>
           {% for i in header %}
             <th>{{ i }}</li>
           {% endfor %}
       </thead>
       <tbody>
         {% for i in table %}
             {% for j in i %}
             {% endfor %}
         {% endfor %}
       </tbody>

However I want to be sure.
Maybe I'm using Nevow in the wrong way.

How do you render a table like the one in the example?

Thanks and regards  Manlio Perillo