[Twisted-web] [Nevow] template performance

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Fri Dec 15 09:11:46 CST 2006

Jean-Paul Calderone ha scritto:
> On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 15:43:44 +0100, Manlio Perillo
> <manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:
>> Jean-Paul Calderone ha scritto:
>>> On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:56:55 +0100, Manlio Perillo
>>> <manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Optimization can be a complicated undertaking.
>>
>> I'm not asking for optimization.
>
> You are.  You pointed out something which you thought was slow.

Well, its a fact (unless my tests are wrong).

> You
> suggested a different way to accomplish something much the same.

I'm not sure if it will be the same.

> You
> place greater value on one than the other because of performance reasons.
> That's what "optimization" means.
>
>> I'm asking for a possible rewriting of how rend.Page (and flat) works.
>>

> The context is being removed, so that will happen.

Ok, but how is going this branch of development?

> Since the way you
> described continues to expose the context as an application level API,
> I don't think that is how the rewrite will go.

I'm talking about a different context.
A context that holds data.

context = {'table': ..., 'header': ..., 'request': request}
return flat.flatten(node, context)

Now stan use object adaptation (locate/remember) for obtaing the data
requested by a data directive.

Regards  Manlio Perillo