[Twisted-web] [Nevow] template performance

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Fri Dec 15 08:59:15 CST 2006

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 15:43:44 +0100, Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:
>Jean-Paul Calderone ha scritto:
>>On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:56:55 +0100, Manlio Perillo
>><manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:
>>>Is it possible to use that same model used by django.template?
>>>You pass a context (that is a dictionary usable like a stack: push/pop) to
>>>the render function.
>>>All the data directive will search the data in the context (like djando,
>>>first dictionary lookup, then attribute lookup, and so).
>>>As an example n:data='x.y' ==> ctx['x']['y'].
>>>A rend.Page.renderHTTP can build a context from the instance dictionary.
>>Optimization can be a complicated undertaking.
>I'm not asking for optimization.

You are.  You pointed out something which you thought was slow.  You
suggested a different way to accomplish something much the same.  You
place greater value on one than the other because of performance reasons.
That's what "optimization" means.

>I'm asking for a possible rewriting of how rend.Page (and flat) works.

The context is being removed, so that will happen.  Since the way you
described continues to expose the context as an application level API,
I don't think that is how the rewrite will go.