[Twisted-web] Run Nevow and XMLRPC on a single port?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Dec 15 06:04:40 CST 2006

glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> On 11:45 am, p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk wrote:
>
>  >Bizarrely nevow guard will accept http auth credentials if they're given,
>  >but I don't know of a single HTTP client that will submit them without
>  >getting the 401 first.
>
> wget.
>
> Or any browser that will accept http://user@host/ URLs, for that matter.

wget does do that, my mistake.

Firefox 1.5.0.8 does not appear to, at least on the settings I have it
(the defaults AFAIK). And obviously IE removed it (in their "wisdom". Sigh)

The guard in web2 is loads better anyway (I see Apple implemented
kerberos/negotiate auth in their CalDav t.web2 server). Not that this
helps the original poster of course.