[Twisted-web] simple proxy example?

David Reid dreid at dreid.org
Mon Aug 28 16:33:02 CDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 04:29:31PM -0400, Wendell Turner wrote:

> The webdownload.py script in Abe Fettig's book works fine for
> directly connected machines.  I would like to modify it to use a
> proxy.  Most of the examples in the twisted docs seem to show
> how to write a proxy, not how to use one.

So that everyone is on the same page, are you attempting to download pages via an http proxy?

If yes:
  There is currently a ticket in the tracker about client support for
proxies http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/1774 see his patch and
the notes about his patch for help.  It would not be difficult to
clean up his patch and make it ready for inclusion but I have no time
to do this and I don't suspect he has time either.

If no:
  Do you want to set up a reverse proxy or a full http proxy?
  If reverse:
    See twisted.web.proxy.ReverseProxyResource and associated documentation
  If Full HTTP proxy:
    See the rest of twisted.web.proxy

--
"Usually the protocol is this: I appoint someone for a task,
which they are not qualified to do.  Then, they have to fight