[Twisted-web] CGI is not working on windows

Fabian Steiner lists at fabis-site.net
Sun Apr 9 16:40:01 CDT 2006

glyph at divmod.com schrieb:
> On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 14:04:58 +0200, Fabian Steiner
> <lists at fabis-site.net> wrote:
>
>>    filter =  r'"C:\Python24\python.exe -u"'
>
>> What did I do wrong? Any hints?
>
> "filter" is used as the executable argument to spawnProcess - which is
> a string indicating the file to load the program from.  There is no
> file named '"C:\Python24\python.exe -u"' on your computer, presumably
> it's  "C:\Python24\python.exe".  (Remember that file names can have
> spaces in them.)

Ok, this sounds quite reasonable. I added the '-u' parameter since I
have read somewhere that I actually have to do this. But obviously, I
don't have to.
> In other words, FilteredScript isn't going to do what you want if you
> need to add the "-u" argument to Python, either on UNIX or on
> Windows.  Luckily the one relevant method it implements is only 3
> lines long, so it should serve as a good example for your own
> CGIScript-derived implementation of process filtering.

So what do I have to do to make this piece of code work? I removed the
'-u' parameter but I still get the same error. Unfortunately, I dont'
have any other ideas either.

I would be glad for another pieces of advice.

Cheers,
Fabian