[Twisted-web] web2.client: Extraneous '\n' in Authorization: header

Scott Lamb slamb at slamb.org
Fri Sep 23 17:10:09 MDT 2005

The base64 encoding seems to introduce a newline. There was a strip
in this line, but not in the right place to take care of this. (Does
strip('') do anything? Is there some other reason to strip _before_
base64 encoding?) If the answers to those questions are both "No",
this patch fixes it.

I noticed this because I'm sending XML. The server was complaining
about my "<?xml ...?>" preamble; apparently the '<' has to be the
very first character of an XML document.

--
Scott Lamb <http://www.slamb.org/>