[Twisted-web] Problems with images and css

Alberto Trujillo alberto.trujillo at ucd.ie
Thu Sep 8 03:04:42 MDT 2005

I don't know where is the exactly problem, only I know that is related
with the path of the images I'll try to explain it better.
The template that I'm working with is a html template, which load
different fragments. The template has 3 fragments (head, body and
footer), so depende where the user click, I will load one fragment or
another. In this way I can change the template of all my pages just
changing one file.
The template (portal.html) is call by a nevow file (portal.py), that is
the responsible of the calls to the others fragments.
In portal.htm I have this two lines to load the images and the css files

    child_styles = static.File('./templates/styles')
    child_images = static.File('./templates/images')

The fragment are place in different directories, I show a example:

    Main Directory:

        * portal.py
        * Fragments:
              o Fragment1:
                    + file.py
                    + file.html
                    + Images:
                          # image.jpg
                          # ...
                    + styles:
                          # ...
              o Fragment2:
                    + ...
        * templates:
              o portal.html
              o images:
                    + ...
              o styles:
                    + ....

Probably the example is not very good, but at least you have an idea
about my structure directory.
As you can see the fragment can has their own images, and everything
works well while I am running the application in my local machine, even
without call the images directory like static file. But when I upload
the application in the server, everything looks like nevow can't find
the directories.
Should I insert a line   "child_styles = static.File('./styles')" and
"child_images = static.File('./images')" in all my fragments, or should
be the portal.py file who do this job.

I hope this information should be enough.

Thank you very much