[Twisted-web] LivePage in templates

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Mon Oct 3 09:24:09 MDT 2005

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 16:13:22 +0100, Alberto Trujillo <alberto.trujillo at ucd.ie> wrote:
>Hi:
>I'm trying to understand how works LivePage, but everything is very confuse
>and I'm listening that a lot of changes are happening in LivePage.
>Could anybody give me a little idea, tutorial, o explanation about LivePage,
>and how can I use LivePage in the templates, I mean with out using Stan.
>
>Thanks in advance.

There's pretty much just one requirement.  You need to invoke the "liveglue" renderer:

        <head><nevow:invisible nevow:render="liveglue" /></head>

Sprinkle with Javascript to taste.  The current client-side API is "server.handle('name', ...)" (no return value).  The API under development will most likely turn out as "server.callRemote('name', ...')" with a Deferred as the return value.

Jp