[Twisted-web] Re: Memory leak with twisted web server on QNX

denis.leborgne at rieter.com denis.leborgne at rieter.com
Mon Nov 7 07:09:59 MST 2005

I tried also the release 15022, in my case it doesn't fix the memory leak.
Do you have any idea about objects not collected ?

Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com>
Sent by: twisted-web-bounces at twistedmatrix.com
05/11/2005 01:47
Please respond to
"Discussion of twisted.web, Nevow,      and Woven"
<twisted-web at twistedmatrix.com>

Discussion of twisted.web, Nevow, and Woven
<twisted-web at twistedmatrix.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [Twisted-web] Re: Memory leak with twisted web server on QNX

Security Level:?        Internal
On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 19:33:53 -0500, Jean-Paul Calderone
<exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:
>On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 01:25:31 +0100, Nagy Zsombor <zsombor at niif.hu> wrote:
>>Hello everyone!
>>
>>[this is my first post]
>>
>>I had a serious memory leak with twisted 2.0.1 and twisted web 0.5, when
>>created a web server with TLS, and every client connection increased the

>>memory usage.
>>I played with it a lot, and found out, if I comment out line of code in
>>twisted.internet.posixbase, the leak is gone...
>>
>>This one:
>>
>>     322         def _startTLS(self):
>>     323             self.TLS = 1
>>     324             klass = self.__class__
>>     325             class TLSConnection(_TLSMixin, klass):
>>     326                 implements(interfaces.ISSLTransport)
>>!!  327             #components.backwardsCompatImplements(TLSConnection)
>>     328             self.__class__ = TLSConnection
>>
>>So if I uncomment this 'backwardCompatImplements' there is a serious
memory
>>leak, if I comment it out, there is no leak.
>>
>>I can show you the test programs if you want me to.
>
>This makes sense.  I'll see what I can do about it.

This should be fixed in r15022.  Could you give it a try and let me know?
If it fixes it, we should be able to get this into the next point release.