[Twisted-web] Re: Memory leak with twisted web server on QNX

Nagy Zsombor zsombor at niif.hu
Fri Nov 4 17:25:31 MST 2005

Hello everyone!

[this is my first post]

I had a serious memory leak with twisted 2.0.1 and twisted web 0.5, when
I created a web server with TLS, and every client connection increased
the memory usage.
I played with it a lot, and found out, if I comment out line of code in
twisted.internet.posixbase, the leak is gone...

This one:

     322         def _startTLS(self):
     323             self.TLS = 1
     324             klass = self.__class__
     325             class TLSConnection(_TLSMixin, klass):
     326                 implements(interfaces.ISSLTransport)
!!  327             #components.backwardsCompatImplements(TLSConnection)
     328             self.__class__ = TLSConnection

So if I uncomment this 'backwardCompatImplements' there is a serious
memory leak, if I comment it out, there is no leak.

I can show you the test programs if you want me to.

Bye,
Zsombor