[Twisted-web] HTTP client TODOs

David Reid dreid at dreid.org
Fri Nov 4 11:04:47 MST 2005

On Nov 4, 2005, at 9:58 AM, Scott Lamb wrote:

> On Nov 4, 2005, at 9:47 AM, Scott Lamb wrote:
>> The load tester is 700 lines of code, with verbose comments.
>
> Oh, I forgot the context here. The previous tool was 10,000 lines
> of Java code that didn't work. Python + Twisted - stupid = an order
> of magnitude less code.

Well I'm glad it works for you, but I promise something better is on
the way, the code is flawed in a couple of less that subtle ways, it
doesn't share a lot of parsing code with the server, which is silly,
and the API just can't make pipelining work comfortably, the
abstractions are all wrong, but It's being discussed and something
better is coming.

-David