[Twisted-web] Nevow upgrading trouble 2.0 ->4.1

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Sun May 29 03:08:26 MDT 2005

Yun Mao wrote:
> Wonderful, problem solved! Thanks!!
>
> Yun
>
> BTW1, I just realized that I messed up with the versions -- they are 0.2
> and 0.4.1 respectively. But it seems to have caused no confusion yet. :)
>
> BTW2, is it a "feature" of 0.2 or a bug of 0.4.1?

It's ok to have a pattern and a render attribute on an element - it's
something you'll use when rendering sequence items quite often, i.e.

  <ul nevow:data="numbers" nevow:render="sequence">
    <li nevow:pattern="item" nevow:render="data">NUMBER GOES HERE</li>
  </ul>

The difference between 0.2 and 0.4.1 (I think it changed in 0.3
actually) is that patterned elements are automatically removed from the
page; unless they're found and used by a renderer, of course.

Cheers, Matt