[Twisted-web] twisted web / reactor.callInThread()

Andreas De Stefani andreas.destefani at ucd.ie
Fri May 20 11:38:02 MDT 2005

hi all,

I am using reactor.callInThread(methodname, args ...) to start a
function in a new thread from a twisted web application. Today i got
problems with my server, and when i looked at the currently running
processes there where about 50 twisted processes running, some of them
where days/weeks old.

I increased the Threadpoolsize previously with the command

reactor.suggestThreadPoolSize(50)

to 50 in order to have more parallel executions...

Could it be that some of the threads didnt get terminated and cleaned up
correctly, or are the processes just visible because the threadPoolSize
was set as high? ...I'm almost sure my function terminates correctly...

any help or information about this behaviour would be appreciated

thanks

Andy