[Twisted-web] livepage

Tommi Virtanen tv at twistedmatrix.com
Sun May 1 22:48:01 MDT 2005

Christopher Zorn wrote:
>>As I was the first to make this mistake, I'll answer : if you use Nevow
>>behing a
>>proxy (really, it's a proxy ? what did you mean by firewall ?), you
>>should look
>>after nevow.vhost.VHostMonsterResource.
> Sorry, a reverse proxy. I have an apache reverse proxy to get to the server
> running the nevow livepage application. How will
> nevow.vhost.VHostMonsterResource
> fix this?
> The problem is, when I call render_liveglue it gives a tag similar to
> <script src=http://server.behind.the.firewall.tld/nevow_glue.js />
> It needs to be the correct server or just nevow_glue.js in order to
> work correctly.

Just wanted to confirm this quickly: you must use VHostMonsterResource,
and the code change you suggested is not needed. Without
VHostMonsterResource, many other things will fail too; first you are
likely to notice are redirects.

To all nevow developers:

On the other hand, if you want to link to a resource in the current
directory, url.here is really unnecessary -- please try to use relative
URLs when they work.