[Twisted-web] Nevow liveglue and proxy

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Wed Mar 23 15:41:38 MST 2005

Thomas HERVE wrote:

>I've just updated to nevow 0.4.1 and I enjoy the improvements, especially on the
>LivePage API. But i've found something that doesn't work for me in the new way
>to render livepage "glue" : the render_liveglue method uses the url.here()
>function, and as I'm using an Apache proxy to access the site it gives me
>"http://localhost:8080[...]" instead of the URL I'm accessing.
>
>For now I've set manually the liveglue.js in my header, and I think it's a clean
>way to do it, but I was wondering if there was a another way to get "good" URL
>(which means the one the browser see).
>
>Anyway thanks for that great work !

This is a common problem with proxied applications. It affects anything
that generates URLs.

You need to add a nevow.vhost.VHostMonsterResource to your site. See the
docstring for details, including how to configure the Apache proxy.

Cheers, Matt

--
     __
    /  \__     Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
  __/  \__/    e: matt at pollenation.net
 /  \__/  \    t: +44 (0)113 2252500
 /  \	       Any views expressed are my own and do not necessarily
 \__/          reflect the views of my employer.