[Twisted-web] Re: Nevow + adbapi

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Thu Mar 10 17:15:48 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 17:59 -0600, Luis N wrote:
> Google is my friend.

OK, so you found the answer just as I hit send ;-).

> def words(ctx, data):
>     return dbpool.runQuery("SELECT english FROM lang WHERE spanish
> LIKE %s'" % data)

This is bad. You should not use Python's string formatting to build
queries - pass the queries args as a tuple and let the database module
prepare the query:

        return dbpool.runQuery(
            "SELECT english FROM lang WHERE spanish LIKE %s",
            (data,))

In particular, this lets the database module correctly quote ''data''
and protects you from SQL insertion problems.

- Matt