[Twisted-web] patch: default values for slots from html templates

Stefano Debenedetti ste at demaledetti.net
Thu Mar 3 14:05:36 MST 2005

Steven Armstrong ha scritto:

> The cool thing about default="whatever" is that you can (mis)use it to
> mark slots as optional.
>
> IMHO it makes the render="mapping" functionality even more powerfull.

Yes, +1 for the defaulting functionality: tremendously useful, makes for more elegant templates and code.

But I like more the syntax suggested by srid for specifying the default:

+ more similar to what other popular templating languages do, XSLT for one but also some java-based I think
+ makes templates more useful when looked at in a browser by themselves (w/o nevow rendering), when testing the l'n'f

just my .02

ciao
ste