[Twisted-web] Fix for an issue 92 (windows binary distribution made with distutils doesn't install data files into package directories)

Alexey Shamrin shamrin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 07:28:36 MST 2005

Hello!

While trying to fix issue 92 [1] I came to PEAK package. To solve the
problems with distutils they use package 'setuptools' from python cvs
repository. They just add 'setuptools' to PEAK repository and use it
in setup.py [2].

So I tried to do the same for nevow. My results (and longer
description) are attached to issue 92 [1]. For example, with
'setuptools' nevow's setup.py become:

===[...setup.py...]===
#!/usr/bin/env python2.3
# -*- test-case-name: "nevow.test -xformless.test" -*-

from setuptools import setup, find_packages
import sys

packages = find_packages()

## Prevent 'setuptools' package to be included in certain cases
cmd = sys.argv[1]
if cmd.startswith('bdist') or cmd.startswith('install'):
    packages = [pkg for pkg in packages
                    if not pkg.startswith('setuptools')]

setup(
    author='Donovan Preston et al',
    author_email='dp at divmod.org',
    name='nevow',
    version='0.4pre',
    description='Web Application Construction Kit',
    url='http://www.nevow.com/',
    packages = packages,
    package_data = {
        'formless': ['freeform-default.css'],
        'nevow': ['liveevil.js','Canvas.swf'],
    },
    scripts=['bin/nevow-xmlgettext'],
)
===[...setup.py...]===

P.S. What about documentation issues 158 [3] and 159 [4]? For some
reason I haven't recieved *any* response. Is it because nobody is
interested in them?

Thank you!

[1] http://divmod.org/users/roundup.twistd/nevow/issue92
[2] http://cvs.eby-sarna.com/PEAK/setup.py?rev=1.101&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup