[Twisted-web] XML-RPC and None

Matt Feifarek matt.feifarek at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 13:21:00 MDT 2005

Hello.

We're using twisted.web.xmlrpc to serve an xmlrpclib client, so
python-to-python.

We'd like to pass None through the rpc connection on occasion. There's
a flag in the standard lib to allow this to serialize ( send
allow_none=True to the xmlrpclib.Server() )

We're getting this error from the twisted resource when we try to
serialize 'None':

Fault: <Fault 8002: "can't serialize output">

I know that the twisted resources uses the stock xmlrpclib, but how
can we tell it to allow None to serialize the twisted way?

Thanks.