[Twisted-web] livepage.glue and Componentized

Mike Pelletier mike at mkp.ca
Sun Jul 24 13:56:36 MDT 2005

Hi there, helpful Nevow hackers.

I just tried to convert a rend.Page-derived class into a livepage.LivePage
one.  My first attempt resulted in an infinite recursion.  I managed to spaz
around until I eventually found what I had to change to fix this, but I don't
understand why my fix worked.

It seems that if my LivePage object is a component of the application, and I
specify either the component or the application as the root page, I get the
infinite recursion when rendering the page.  But if my LivePage object merely
Adapts the application in a non-persistent manner, it works fine.  Please see
the attachment for clarification.  (Hopefully I haven't reduced it beyond
making sense.)

Was I attempting to use something in an unsupported or undefined manner, or
should it have worked the way I thought it would?

TIA!
Mike.