[Twisted-web] Re: Remove addSlash from Nevow

Alex Levy mesozoic at polynode.com
Sat Jul 23 15:57:03 MDT 2005

On Sat, Jul 23, 2005 at 10:33:31AM -0400, James Y Knight wrote:
> On Jul 23, 2005, at 7:39 AM, Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone wrote:
> >I think that the trailing / only makes sense when dealing with
> >directory
> >listing.
> >A Page, unless it's a Directory shouldn't use the /.
> >
> >addSlash is really awful and should really go away.
>
> Lots of pages are directories (viz. child_ methods)

As long as addSlash defaults to not True, what is the harm in leaving it in?
It seems like the sort of generic feature that a lot of people could find
very useful in a lot of different circumstances.

--
Alex Levy
WWW: http://mesozoic.geecs.org/

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
 -- Salvor Hardin, Isaac Asimov's _Foundation_