[Twisted-web] Turkey questions 13-15

lloyd at paisite.com lloyd at paisite.com
Fri Jul 22 11:17:12 MDT 2005

Hello,

Thanks to Matt Goodall and Nils Grotnes, Techno Turkey's Twisted Adventure
is coming along at a slow, but sure pace. See http://twisted.paisite.com/

If you scroll down to Experiments.Twisted.Web you'll see the latest
experiment, Matt Goodall's Barebones Static Web Server.

I've done the best I can to explicate Matt's code, but not sure that I've
got it exactly right. Here're some questions:

Turkey question 13:

Any errors, misunderstandings, or confusing explanations so far in
Adventures?

Turkey question 14:

In the document "Using Application" the term "service" is used in a
technical sense. Could someone please give me a clear definition in plain
English?

Turkey question 15:

In an e-mail, Matt pointed out that the Barebones code could be "easily
modified into something that creates a dynamic root resource."

What's the next logical step toward this goal? E.g. How can I modify and/or
add to the barebones code to support dynamic resources if, say, my
ultimate goal is an efficient, solid, secure production web-server that
supports virtual hosts and dynamic resources?

In the spirit of Moshe's Finger tutorial, I'd like to take this
step-by-baby-step, illustrating and explaining key Twisted
interfaces/principles as I go.

Many thanks,

Lloyd R. Prentice