Freeform default button label (Was: [Twisted-web] using freeform bind_* instead of subclass TypedInterface)

Richard Wall m-lists at the-moon.net
Mon Jul 18 05:21:56 MDT 2005

On 16/07/05 20:22 Donovan Preston wrote:
> Thanks for mentioning this. It gave me an idea about a better way to
> support submit buttons in formless (more like forms does it).  However,
> in the meantime, would it be enough if it said "Submit"  instead of
> "Call"? Or do you want no buttons at all?

I think "Submit" would be a much better default.

It might be useful to be able to add extra buttons to the form but in
most cases I find it better to have one submit button and a series of
hyperlinks css styled as buttons.

For example a form that saves a DB record at...
http://www.example.com/events/1/edit
...would save its contents to recordID=1.
A "cancel" button would link to...
http://www.example.com/events/1/
...a "delete" button would link directly to...
http://www.example.com/events/1/delete
...which presents a confirmation form. Finally a "duplicate" button
links to...
http://www.example.com/events/new/?id=1

I'm sure there are usecases for multiple submit buttons but I haven't
yet needed them.

-RichardW.
--
Richard Wall <richard at the-moon.net>