[Twisted-web] load balancing and performance

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at cpushare.com
Sun Jan 30 17:11:03 MST 2005

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 11:02:14PM +0000, Valentino Volonghi wrote:
> This is the biggest try though :). Formless will need a lot of work.

And formless will be the one that will get the most benefit too ;)

But we probably don't need to convert formless to give it a try: we can
try to do the other parts first. The page I'm benchmarking (the one that
now runs at 227 hits/sec ;) has zero formless, it's only containing
renderings and still getInterfaces gets at the very top, so much that
commenting out the warning line is a very measurable boost.

> Actually I wonder how did you manage to use this patch. I notice it is
> wrong in 2 lines when the code calls url.fromContext(ctx) which should
> be url.URL.fromContext(ctx).path

See the other emails.