[Twisted-web] Re: Twisted web wiki has been attacked by spammers

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Sun Jan 23 03:12:14 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 18:50 +1100, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 23, 2005, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> > If the wiki is unmaintained it really should be taken down or frozen and
> > made uneditable rather than letting it become a haven for spam links.
>
> Sorry, I spoke too soon. The revision history shows lots of recent
> revisions to that page -- when I first viewed it it said it has last
> been modified in Feb 2004, which made me think the spam was there all
> that time!

Yeah, don't worry - the wiki is maintained. I remove spam most days
(although I'm not so diligent at weekends) and I know there are others
who also remove spam as they find it. Unfortunately, the last time I
cleaned up was probably the day it got spammed again :-/.

I track changes using RSS but, for some reason, that doesn't pick up
*all* changes so I also do a full search for 'http://' and scan down the
results. The spammed pages are fairly obvious that way.

Anyway, thanks for the warning and for clearing up the front page.

Cheers, Matt