[Twisted-web] VHostMonsterResource for url-context instead of subdomain

Steven Armstrong sa at c-area.ch
Wed Jan 19 04:57:56 MST 2005

Hello twisted hackers

I've been playing arround with nevow and twisted for a while now.
While looking for a way to use twisted with apache I came across the
following problem and hacked together a possible solution.

In the twisted docs
(http://twisted.sourceforge.net/TwistedDocs-1.3.0/howto/using-twistedweb.html#auto21)
it sais to use VHostMonsterResource and proxy the documentroot to
twisted. In my setup I can't do this. What I need is a way to proxy only
a specific url-context to twisted while the rest of the domain remains
under apache's control.

This is what I came up with. It seems to work well, the nevow examples
are all working with this setup. All except those that don't work in
native twisted/nevow eather that is.

Code is attached as vhostlocation.txt to prevent linebreaks from beeing
hosed.

Do you guys see any problems with this approach?
Are there any implications through changing request.uri and
request.prepath that I didn't think/know of?

cheers
Steven