[Twisted-web] liveevil problem: nested functions get lost

Donovan Preston dp at ulaluma.com
Mon Feb 28 15:17:13 MST 2005

On Feb 28, 2005, at 8:34 AM, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:

> Il giorno lun, 28-02-2005 alle 08:26 -0800, Donovan Preston ha scritto:
>> Using the function name as the identifier was an experiment which I
>> think was a bad idea. I'll roll that code back out.
>>
>> Before I started using the function name, I used an arbitrary
>> identifier which was opaque and made debugging difficult. With the
>> addition of the programmer-supplied identifier, debugging can be made
>> easier by providing it, and an opaque identifier can be used if none
>> is
>> provided.
>
> I completely agree. Sorry for the noise but I stopped following the
> HEAD
> for some weeks so I somehow lost the "story" of the changes.
>
> Another little problem: isn't liveevil.js missing an eval() call on the
> handler extra arguments?

No; python string literals are now treated as javascript string
literals. To produce a javascript string which won't get quoted (and
thus will be evaled when it arrives in the browser) you should now use
the nevow.livepage.literal string wrapper. The name "literal" will
probably change to "js" or something more suitable soon. (Suggestions
please?)

dp