[Twisted-web] liveevil problem: nested functions get lost

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Sun Feb 27 13:55:51 MST 2005

Il giorno ven, 25-02-2005 alle 21:47 -0800, noema ha scritto:

> I think I encountered similar symptoms once and after quite some time of
> confusion I concluded that it must have to do with python's garbage
> collector. It seemed to me that there needs to be something refereced in
> the do_something() method to prevent it from being wiped before the call
> comes back from the client.

That's why if you use "identifier" the handler is managed in a different
way (using events instead of reflect) and keeps a reference to the
callable object. Just I don't like to have to put "identifier"
everywhere, it would be much better to define handlers in a uniform way
without having to know what kind of callable you're passing as argument.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         http://people.initd.org/fog
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
   Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy. -- Anonymous