[Twisted-web] Nevow PageCache

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at cpushare.com
Tue Dec 13 18:47:12 MST 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 12:48:00AM +0100, Valentino Volonghi wrote:
> The right strategy would be to write something similar for twisted.web2 using
> filters maybe. This would make the implementation significantly easier to
> maintain and probably shorter.

So, we should defer it to the time nevow will switch over web2?

> Nevow would be the place of fragment caches (for which there is an already
> implemented API as you may recall).

Yep, at some point I started using it but then it complicated things too
much and I removed them. The benefit wasn't big enough. Those caches
require explicit coding, while the PageCache is instead totally
transparent and it only requires a two liner patch to be enabled and the
patched code runs backwards compatible if run on a pristine nevow tree.
So to me the PageCache is more important and it does 99% of the work.