[Twisted-web] MochiKit, Nevow

Thomas HERVE therve at free.fr
Tue Aug 30 03:34:32 MDT 2005

I didn't see anyone talking about MochiKit here, but as it's someone of Twisted
community I think it's not unknown among developpers.

MochiKit (http://mochikit.com/) is a Javascript framework started by Bob
Ippolito, which brings great functionnalities on client side. Especially it
defines Deffered what I would love use with LivePage, as I find this very
consistent with server part. There are also Iter and DOM (stan in Javascript).
I began to make some mods en nevow_glue.js for using MochiKit, and it removes
all the ugly parts (XMLHttpRequest, events, DOM creation). I think having a
Mochi-ized nevow_glue would be great, even if keeping the standard one is
necessary for users (MochiKit could be a strong requirement for an
application).

I wanted to make all the changes, but as the LivePage API seems to change in
nevow 0.5, I'll wait a bit. Some comes my second topic : when can we hope
having a nevow release ?
I'm not telling "hey, please hurry up guys", but more "is there any todo list,
critical bugs and/or tests needs where I could have a look and maybe help for
the release ?". Also, is the svn-trunk version stable enough (for LivePage ?)
that we could use it ?

Regards,

--
Thomas